Request A Demo
Ensure that Market Research, Real Estate, Construction and Finance all leverage the same data, maps, predictive analytics, workflow and approval processes from the same system so that you can identify the best sites first and quickly assess and close deals.
Evaluate and plan existing stores, new market opportunities and the impact of competitive moves.
Quickly find the best sites and fill your deal pipeline ahead of the competition.
Utilize industry leading tools to evaluate site potential and return.
Accelerate the deal process and approve sites faster.
Analyze performance and set remodel, relocation, renewal and closure strategies
Having the optimal store strategy is a make or break proposition in today’s complex omni-channel retail environment – and getting it wrong is not an option.
- Understand portfolio, market and store performance including trade area quality, penetration and lease information.
- Easily identify stores that meet or exceed expectations, and those that require remodel, relocation or closure.
- Plan the right real estate moves, in the right sequence, in every market.
Identify new and infill opportunities to drive growth
Opening new stores is your number one growth opportunity, and finding the best locations ahead of the competition can mean the difference between success and failure.
- Identify high potential trade areas with hybrid market optimization tools built on a foundation of traditional modeling and next-generation machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Quickly gather and assess site characteristics, trade area dynamics, demographics and competitive intelligence.
- Visualize market dynamics through rich market maps depicting customers, targets, sites, stores, competitors and other generators.
- Focus deal makers on the right trade areas first and stay ahead of the competition.
Plan and track market-level goals covering new stores, remodels, relocations, renewals and closures
Knowing where you are against market plans eliminates surprises and increases predictability, allowing resources to be focused on what matters most.
- Memorialize and communicate market plans through real-time dashboards visualizing plan vs. forecast and actual by period.
- Track performance by drilling into detailed market plans covering targets, sites, projects and lease renewals.
- Envision new store pipelines by market, timeframe, status and dealmaker.
Visualize and analyze markets holistically from a single mapping platform
Explore markets and unit performance including
the ability to drill directly into location records
for context and understanding.
- Visualize relationships between unit positioning, competitors and customers.
- Manage dynamic map layers including all
location types – targets, sites, projects, leases
and existing stores.
- Analyze upcoming lease renewals and occupancy
costs across the portfolio from within mapping.
Let data tell the story of market dynamics, store performance and competitive moves
Markets move fast, and successful store strategies and real estate decisions should be data-driven and time sensitive. If you can’t visualize comprehensive real-time data you’re a step behind the competition.
- Leverage proprietary demographic and lifestyle segmentation data in over 100 countries with a high degree of granularity.
- See real traffic flows based on population density, traffic intensity and time of day.
- Layer in curated and unique business and point
of interest data to bring markets to life.
- Visualize customers, competitors, site characteristics, psychographics and more.
Utilize on-map analytics to deliver new actionable insights
Sometimes answers are not obvious. Leveraging tools to ask new questions and identify opportunities will
put you a step ahead.
Quickly spot demographic patterns through
multi-variable thematic mapping using standard or custom themes, including custom classifications,
color ramping and labeling.
- Uncover areas of opportunity with multidimensional Hot Spot Analyses with thresholding.
- Utilize Time Slider to visualize the impact of activities such as marketing, competitive changes, etc. on locations, competitors and customers over time.
- Transform market-level and trade area geopotential
into actionable intelligence.
Identify high potential geographies to ensure field activity is focused on the right targets
In the race for space, identifying where to focus precious resources and beating the competition to the best locations is job one.
- Leverage Market Optimization to identify primary Targets based on sales potential, competition, customer density and other generators.
- Analyze Targets at a market and sub-market level via mapping tools such as trade area visualization, Google Street View and hotspot analysis.
- Direct field research and prospecting activities while tracking important data about Targets, including attributes, demographics, associated Sites and more.
Prioritize site due diligence activities and track detailed deal information to improve pipeline visibility and reduce deal cycle times
Assessing 3-5 sites for each new store is time consuming and data intensive, so you need tools that streamline the process, drive consistency and speed up the deal approval process.
- Create Sites on the fly in the field from your mobile device with a simple drop of a pin on a map.
- Capture Site photos and collaborate with team members on site documents.
- Track Target and Site attributes, timelines, demographics, and important deal activities.
Trade areas are the puzzle pieces that collectively define market strategy
Like customers, trade areas differ based on a multitude of factors. Applying the right lens to your analysis will ensure you do not treat all trade areas the same and make costly real estate mistakes.
- Classify opportunities based on a two-tier matrix to ensure you’re analyzing trade areas correctly.
- Harvest and blend data from dozens of data sets to better understand trade area dynamics and likely customer behavior.
- Collect consistent site feature data such as ingress, egress, signage, traffic, etc. to improve trade area classification and predictive analytics.
Fitting the right pieces together to maximize sales and EBITDA is the game, and precision and accuracy are the means
Solving the market puzzle ahead of the competition requires tools that create a competitive advantage.
- Utilize the industry’s only directional drive time engine to define realistic trade area boundaries.
- Analyze trade areas by daypart to determine changes in customer behavior and patronage.
- Map sister store and competitor trade areas to visualize market dynamics and assess sites holistically.
Building an accurate sales forecast requires a foundational understanding of what drives performance
Site features tell the story of a potential location and provide data needed to power accurate sales forecasts.
- Capture critical site feature data in the field from any mobile device.
- Understand synergistic linkages based on proximity of traffic generators and business concentration.
- Incorporate co-tenancy, visibility, signage, ingress / egress, parking, etc. to drive consistent site analyses and sales estimates.
Predicting sales to optimize store positioning and revenue necessitates a comprehensive approach that takes into consideration all aspects that impact new and existing locations.
Limiting your analysis drives down sales forecast accuracy and value. Consider all factors that impact location and market performance.
- Utilize operational ratings and customer satisfaction to assess impact on sales performance.
- Analyze historical sales ramps to better predict short-term and long-term sales performance.
- Forecast sister store cannibalization impacts and sales transfers to model overall market impacts of new store locations.
With few exceptions, every company has a proforma. The problem is most are Excel-based, lack data control and are not centrally stored or accessible
Eliminate mistakes and seamlessly incorporate proforma analysis into all deals with a purpose-built configurable tool that fits all investment methodologies.
- Choose one or many investment analysis approaches, including NPV, IRR, ROI, EVA, etc.
- Pull in site information to drive revenue and expense forecasts, investment analysis and cannibalization assessment.
- Create multiple proforma templates based on deal type or other factors.
Single threaded analysis raises risk and uncertainty
Robust investment analysis and traceability means better real estate decisions.
- Run multiple proforma scenarios based on different factors to consider all possible options.
- Forecast revenue and margin by period and category.
- Visualize expenses in total, per square foot and as a percentage of sales.
- Improve investment analysis by taking into consideration initial and subsequent capital outlays, lease commitments including percent rent, working capital and depreciation.
Failing to track proforma against actual performance means you don’t know if an investment thesis was correct and you are not improving future investment analysis
- Memorialize site-level proforma assumptions and results.
- Access historical proformas for comparison against sales forecasts, actual construction spend and occupancy costs.
- Adjust proforma templates based on learnings to improve future investment analyses.
Deal timing and likely store opening dates are critical for downstream mobilization. Make sure everyone is on the same page
Real estate deals are fluid by nature, so you need tools to capture and communicate today’s reality.
- Drive consistency and visibility with standardized site schedules based on deal type, prototype and geography.
- Track detailed site selection tasks and estimate major milestones including store opening.
- Automatically notify stakeholders of shifts in critical site dates.
Time is only one part of the equation. Cost is equally important, and you need tools to estimate spend consistently and accurately
Preliminary construction estimates can make or break deals. Incorporate estimates into all deals and investment decisions.
- Capture detailed estimated site and construction costs based on a multitude of factors including scope, prototype and geography.
- Directly link estimated costs into Proforma analysis to capture all required investment.
- Analyze historical budget and actual spend to improve estimates.
Hundreds of emails, shared network drives, copies on local computers – keeping track of critical site documents and photos is next to impossible
Stop the madness and know with certainty where to access important site documents and photos.
- Define a consistent folder structure across all sites to store documents such as surveys, site plans, letters of intent, maps, etc.
- Manage document versions to ensure everyone is working on the most recent version while providing access to all previous versions.
- Collect site photos from any mobile device for easy storage and viewing.
Site due diligence produces dozens of documents each with multiple versions. Effectively collaborating and finalizing these documents can materially reduce deal timelines
A single site document repository accessible by all key stakeholders keeps everyone in the loop and on track.
- Categorize documents by department, site phase and document type.
- Capture important document dates including creation, received and completion dates.
- Notify key stakeholders when documents have changed and are ready for review.
Developing and presenting site packages at real estate committee is time consuming and often results in a flurry of last minute changes. Change that reality.
Creating site packages is as easy as clicking a button when you have a single system that manages all Site data and documents.
- Define standardized site package templates based on deal types.
- Generate site packages that include up-to-the-second site information, due diligence, financials, demographics, maps, etc., with the click of a button.
- Seamlessly update site packages when information changes while storing historical versions.
Eliminate site package approval bottlenecks with automated routing and approval
Physically passing a site package among approvers is slow and lacks proper documentation and controls.
- Define approval workflows that automate site package routing and approval.
- Notify key stakeholders at each step in the approval process.
- Capture an audit trail of approval comments and discussions.
Visualize deals during real estate committee and answer questions in real-time
Reduce approval times by leveraging Tango to facilitate real estate committee meetings.
- Launch and review site packages during real estate committee meetings directly from the system.
- Visualize trade area dynamics to explain deal rationale.
- Answer real estate committee questions on the spot with access to detailed site information at your fingertips.